Which strategy did you use? Language Warm-UP
·
Which subject area/grade level? Lang. Arts/ Social Studies 4th grade
How effective was it? Medium to high effectiveness
·
Any challenges? I think I took the kids by surprise when I just jumped in to this. It was not at all the established routine in our classroom. Some seemed shy to respond in the “cheerleader fashion” I modeled and expected from them. As we continued with the warm-up, they really got into it and were having fun with it. I did a quickie review as I dismissed each of the 6 tables one at a time. With more practice I think this will be a great way to introduce, teach, and review lessons; overall a productive learning tool and experience.
·
Any suggestions to make it a better learning experience for your students?
I foresee this becoming a better learning experience for my students with more use of this strategy; embedding it into our daily routine. Switching it up will keep it effective and fun! I might even let a student be the leader!
From Rae Dewberry:
ReplyDeleteThis is a response to Jill Mettler: I was struck by your comment “took kids by surprise”. I, too, took my 8th graders by surprise, and it was a disaster at first. I’m not familiar with your age group, but I always thought younger students were better at a disruption of routine then my age group. Guess I was wrong?